Sunday, October 28, 2007

Self Assessment

1. Theory
This topic I found so interesting, I found that there were a lot of case studies and opinions but not theories pertaining to the exact concept of solitary confinement. Instead I focused on specific psychological effects of solitary confinement and sensory deprivation.

2. Research
It was so interesting to research this topic, Although I found the subject somewhat depressing. I found the more I read about the topic the more people were completely ready to play the blame game but not to fix the problem. I didn’t address this issue in the essay as is such as huge issue with so many options to consider. I spent a lot of time researching this essay with online sources and peer reviewed journal articles.

3. Written Expression
A readability analysis was performed resulting in a score of 19 on the gunning-Fog test (meaning an age of 19 should result in ease of reading). APA style was used and the essay followed the style of introduction, main concepts and a conclusion. No tables or summaries were needed and so were not used. Word count 1368.

4. Online engagement
My online engagement was consistent and I posted a number of blogs leading up to my final essay. They included general ideas about solitary confinement and more specific concepts that I developed in my final essay. I also received quite a number of comments to which I responded. I commented on a several other blogs of which there is a link on my homepage to their blogs and more specifically to my comments. I would have liked to include more links to online sites which would compliment my essay, however I found it difficult to find credible sources that were also interesting and relevant to my topic.

3 comments:

johnson741 said...

self assessment is best habit. Each teacher must choose the best route towards self-assessment.
Weaning students from the notion that their learning comes solely from the teacher, and guiding them towards a critical self-assessment of their skills will.
================================
johnson741
Drug Alcohol Rehab

Drug Alcohol Rehab

Roop said...

.If you suffer from anxiety or experience frequent panic attacks, you might sometimes feel that you're alone. But the good news is you are not alone. Many people have anxiety, but only a few talk about it. In fact, most anxiety sufferers try to hide their condition for fear of being ridiculed or looked down upon. Phobias can affect you at any point in your life. Some people are born with natural phobias or develop them as a child while others develop phobias later in life. Anxiety may affect you suddenly without warning, or it may develop gradually over several months or years.http://www.buy-xanax-online-now.com

LeaMikhaela said...

i love your article..if you are depress and you've got no one to talk to, you feel that you are alone and everybody left you behind..try to meditate or something that would make you feel that you can easily let out the feelings that you have inside

human psychology